Pi-Remote commands not working

General support for the Pi-Star System
n9mxq

Re: Pi-Remote commands not working

Post by n9mxq »

W8DSB wrote:Wait, I think it is working now....when I change my contacts from group to private the radio software deleted the TG numbers. I reinstalled the TG's number with the TG set to private. the reboot display ~~close~~ on the screen. I don't see the shutdown doing anything.
30 seconds after -close- its safe to unplug the power..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
w7efs

Post by w7efs »

WB2KWC wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:44 amIn software that I have worked on I convert the text to upper case before doing the compare. ...
In software that I've worked on, I've done initial case-insensitive comparisons. Further logic is required of course to make certain that any returned matched string qualifies ... my python programming knowledge is incomplete.
KI7UXT

Post by KI7UXT »

I'm am having a similar issue (Jumbospot, v. 3.4.16) but on the DStar side. The pistar remote command for reboot works, but not for "shutdown". Any ideas on what I should try? My ini file is below. I put both the reboot and shutdown commands in my Your Call (e.g., UR?) field of my ID-51A. As noted above, reboot works, but shutdown does not when I select that in UR and key up.

[enable]
# Should PiStar-Remote be Enabled? (true|false)
enabled=true

[keeper]
# Keepers Information
callsign=KI7UXT

[d-star]
# UR fields
svckill=SVCKILL
svcrestart=SVCRSTRT
reboot=REBOOTPI
#shutdown=SHUTDOWN
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KI7UXT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:51 pm I'm am having a similar issue (Jumbospot, v. 3.4.16) but on the DStar side. The pistar remote command for reboot works, but not for "shutdown". Any ideas on what I should try? My ini file is below. I put both the reboot and shutdown commands in my Your Call (e.g., UR?) field of my ID-51A. As noted above, reboot works, but shutdown does not when I select that in UR and key up.

reboot=REBOOTPI
#shutdown=SHUTDOWN
If that is REALLY what you have in the configuration, then the entry for shutdown is a COMMENT, not data.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
KI7UXT

Post by KI7UXT »

AF6VN wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:30 pm
KI7UXT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:51 pm I'm am having a similar issue (Jumbospot, v. 3.4.16) but on the DStar side. The pistar remote command for reboot works, but not for "shutdown". Any ideas on what I should try? My ini file is below. I put both the reboot and shutdown commands in my Your Call (e.g., UR?) field of my ID-51A. As noted above, reboot works, but shutdown does not when I select that in UR and key up.

reboot=REBOOTPI
#shutdown=SHUTDOWN
If that is REALLY what you have in the configuration, then the entry for shutdown is a COMMENT, not data.
Thanks, but can you elaborate a little more what you mean by a COMMENT? Thanks.

I'm following these instructions, Appendix I to the following:
https://www.hamdigitaal.nl/download/alg ... 180605.pdf
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

When there is a hash mark at the beginning of a line, it is treated as a comment and is ignored when the script is run. So you just need to remove the hash mark and you'll be good to go:

Code: Select all

reboot=REBOOTPI
shutdown=SHUTDOWN 
Keep in mind that when you run the SHUTDOWN command, nothing appears to happen, but after 30 seconds, it's fine to power off the hotspot.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KI7UXT

Post by KI7UXT »

KE0FHS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:13 pm When there is a hash mark at the beginning of a line, it is treated as a comment and is ignored when the script is run. So you just need to remove the hash mark and you'll be good to go:

Code: Select all

reboot=REBOOTPI
shutdown=SHUTDOWN 
Keep in mind that when you run the SHUTDOWN command, nothing appears to happen, but after 30 seconds, it's fine to power off the hotspot.
KEOFHS, that worked. Thank you!!!!! I removed the # before the command line.
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

:idea:
May I suggest to have the labeling changed to PC instead of TG at the DMR section ??
This will prevent any mistakes about TG / PC .

Also adding a little warning will be useful, example:

[dmr]
# NOTE: Use PRIVATE CALL to send the commands.
# PC commands
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an