I appear to have found a bug in 4.1.0 RC...

General support for the Pi-Star System
W2SJW

I appear to have found a bug in 4.1.0 RC...

Post by W2SJW »

Guys,

My local group runs a C-Bridge based network that has HBLink running on it & that allows non-Motorola repeaters & hotspots to connect to the network directly.

I performed a fresh install on my ZUMspot hotspot today with the latest RC of 4.1.0, and I can no longer connect to the master. Nothing seems out of the ordinary with the added line in the root DMR host file, so it appears to possibly be with Raspbian Buster's firewall.

Our system admin told us to add these lines to the file 'ipv4.fw'

Code: Select all

iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 62000:63000 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --dport 62000:63000 -j DSCP --set-dscp 46
and then do a 'pistar-firewall' command. This completes without issue, and then I do a 'pistar-update' to make the DMR host changes apply themselves & allow me to select the master from the drop-down menu.

Any ideas?
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: I appear to have found a bug in 4.1.0 RC...

Post by MW0MWZ »

the firewall file should be /root/ipv4.fw
not sure why you need a full 1000 ports for this - you probably only need to add the one for this host (assuming its not on the default).

No reason for it not to connect so long as the details are correct.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W2SJW

Post by W2SJW »

I'll triple-check later tonight, but I'm pretty sure I created that file in the 'root' location.

Update - you are correct! For whatever reason, the ipv4.fw file didn't save properly in the 'root' directory. Everything is kosher now! :lol:
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

For your own reference, you can trim your firewall rule to just the single port your DMR connection needs (not 1000 of them) - and you will only need that if its not using the same ports as DMR+/BM.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W2SJW

Post by W2SJW »

I did do that as well, but for testing left it as 62060-62070 for now.