Pi-Star Multi-Reflector

General support for the Pi-Star System
N6XVZ

Pi-Star Multi-Reflector

Post by N6XVZ »

Is the Dstar XLX linkage working?

I can’t seem to raise the reflector. I connect to DCS303E or DCS589E or XRF002E or XRF589E and nothing. I can for example see myself linked on the XRF002 dashboard but nothing doing on the multi-reflector. I don’t see any apparent D* activity on the multi-reflector dashboard http://multi-reflector.pistar.uk/. Kerchunk, call with long winded call sign, nothing...

I have connected to XRF002A and see my call sign heard there so my suspicion is the DStar linkage isn’t quite up to snuff at the moment.

Or am I missing something?

Really WN5N - ZUMspot, Rpi 3 B+, Th-D74
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Pi-Star Multi-Reflector

Post by MW0MWZ »

N6XVZ wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:21 pm I connect to DCS303E or DCS589E or XRF002E or XRF589E and nothing.
Lets try XRF303 E and/or XRF587 E :)

Yep those seem to work just fine.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
N6XVZ

Post by N6XVZ »

Well I’m a bit embarrassed with all the typo’s strewn through my post.

I did use XRF303 E and XRF587 E, successfully linked but no luck. I see you and WD0HR coming thru as DMR (XLX) but not myself. I must be missing something fundamental as I just have D-Star mode enabled and use “Dplus for XRF” enabled. Using a Dstar Kenwood radio and thinking I should be able use this reflector. I appreciate the confirmation Andy that it’s working and will keep noodling around.

Thanks!

N6XVZ

Post by N6XVZ »

Found the problem.

My radio (TH-D74A) did not have My Callsign (menu 610) set properly. I was using mixed case for my name “Dave”. When I ensure it’s all caps “N6XVZ___/DAVE” it works!

I have had this mixed case configuration for a year and had no problems on normal REFlectors. Just XLX. So if any Dstar folks have lower case in My Callsign make it ALL UPPERCASE.

BTW I don’t consider this a pi-star problem; it passes what I set which I think it should. If someday the XLX software that burps on lowercase is changed to allow lowercase then pi-star wouldn’t have to change either. Certainly the pi-star guru’s can sniff at this to confirm.

Cheers!