Pi-Star and Icom IC-9700

General support for the Pi-Star System
g4ugb

Pi-Star and Icom IC-9700

Post by g4ugb »

Hi,
I wonder if someone could help me out here. I have an IC-9700 and a Pi-Star Hotspot. My question is this.

The IC-9700 is fully programmed with all Ref series Reflectors in Menu Option 'Your Callsign' where I can choose from the list any REF series Reflector - and the Hotspot connects immediately with a PTT press. Plus, in 'Link to Reflector'/Direct Input' I can choose REF series or XRF series reflectors and get a connection - but there is no DCS series reflector selection option available here.

So I then go into Reflector/Your Callsign/Direct Input (UR) and can directly enter any DCS Reflector option manually. However - with then 'Link to DCS005B' displayed on the main DV screen on the IC-9700 - the PTT action produces no connection to DCS005B or any DCS Reflector selected by Direct Input(UR).

However - if I then use the Pi-Star Web based dashboard - and the DStar Link Manager and tell that to connect to DCS005B (or any DCS Reflector) no PTT press required and the IC-9700 confirms immediately 'Linked to DCS005 B'.

So can anyone out there with an IC-9700 and a Pi-Star Hotspot - advise me how I can connect to a DCS Reflector from the transceiver and without having to resort to the Pi-Star Web based dashboard ???

Thanks,

Richard G4UGB
g4ugb

Re: Pi-Star and Icom IC-9700

Post by g4ugb »

I solved it - (with the help of another local Ham friend) - in my DCS memory programming - I had omitted the L from the Reflector names. So DCS005B should have been DCS005BL. Maybe this might help someone else.

73 de Richard G4UGB