SelfOnly Keeps getting set to '1'

General support for the Pi-Star System
K9EQ

SelfOnly Keeps getting set to '1'

Post by K9EQ »

Found another bug in /var/www/dashboard/admin/configure.php

In making adjustments trying to fix the problem in a previous post, SelfOnly keeps getting set to 1 when I did not explicitly make the change. The configure.php file tries to apply logic to when SelfOnly should be set. It should only be set when someone sets it. This is the same problem I ran into when DUPLEX kept getting set to 1, thus indicating I had a duplex modem when I didn't.

In my opinion when Pi-star attempts to do things "under the covers" it just makes it more complex and harder to use. The UI should follow the rule of only doing things it was told to do and not fiddling with other, seemingly unrelated stuff.

Note that here in the U.S. SelfOnly is not a big deal. Most people will want it off. I know rules are much more restrictive in the U.K.

Rather than switching things around in the dark, an improvement would be to describe what each of the options are. That way people could take responsibility for correctly setting SelfOnly and not rely on potentially faulty code to do it for them.

Chris, K9EQ