APRS Suffix Resets with Changes

General support for the Pi-Star System
n4bos

APRS Suffix Resets with Changes

Post by n4bos »

Under the EXPERT settings, YSF GW panel, there is a setting under GENERAL called Suffix. You can change this to any single digit or alpha character and it will appear on the APRS map after the station call sign. For example, if I make no changes to this suffix setting, my hotspot appears on the APRS map as N4BOS-N. The default for this setting is "ND" and it picks up the first letter. If I change the suffix to "Y" (to indicate my YSF hotspot), my call appears as N4BOS-Y.

I have discovered that whenever I make any changes under the "normal" configuration page and "Save Changes", it sets the suffix back to the default of "ND". Is there any way to prevent this from being changed automatically with Save Changes?

Thanks,

Steve - N4BOS
AF6VN

Re: APRS Suffix Resets with Changes

Post by AF6VN »

n4bos wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:26 pm I have discovered that whenever I make any changes under the "normal" configuration page and "Save Changes", it sets the suffix back to the default of "ND". Is there any way to prevent this from being changed automatically with Save Changes?
This has been a long-running affair... Pretty much any changes made using the "normal" config page will wipe out many of the changes made under "expert".

For the most part, once you have used "expert" to make a change, you will need to use "expert" for all further changes -- or prepare to redo such "expert" mode changes every time.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
n4bos

Re: APRS Suffix Resets with Changes

Post by n4bos »

Thanks for the info and the update!

Steve - N4BOS