Changed internet provider

General support for the Pi-Star System
WB4SJN

Changed internet provider

Post by WB4SJN »

I am sure most of you know Murphy, but I bet not as well as I do. I changed my internet provider and got a new SSID. I went into pi-star using its built in AP. I went to "Configure Wifi and entered the new information, then clicked on "Save and connect". Nothing happened for quite a few minutes. I then went to the Pi and rebooted it. We had a delivery for our home so I needed to be there. When I came back to the computer and attempted to open pi-star it did not connect. I have tried everything since then but I still can't can't open pi-star.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.&#.
WB4SJN

Re: Changed internet provider

Post by WB4SJN »

I am sorry I didn't get to this earlier. I did see your answer on the other answer to my earlier post. I was under the impression that it was a different problem. Thanks for your reply.
WB4SJN

Re: Changed internet provider

Post by WB4SJN »

I want to thank you for your reply. I found the reason I was having so much trouble. My new internet has two settings. 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. The hotspot does not work on 5Ghz which was what I was trying to use. Once I got back to 2.4Ghz all was ok.