General support for the Pi-Star System
kd4kgn

No d star after I changed from a iPhone 6 to an 8

Post by kd4kgn »

Has the ip address changed?
kd4kgn

Re: No d star after I changed from a iPhone 6 to an 8

Post by kd4kgn »

DVAP hooked up to pi-star. Where can I find the new IP address? It’s an ICOM 880h and it was working perfectly the day before I switched phones. I used to enter 172.20.10.3 and it would hookup to the pi-star dashboard. Also the phone does show the blue bar for device connected when the DVAP completes its cycle.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

kd4kgn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:54 pm DVAP hooked up to pi-star. Where can I find the new IP address? It’s an ICOM 880h and it was working perfectly the day before I switched phones. I used to enter 172.20.10.3 and it would hookup to the pi-star dashboard. Also the phone does show the blue bar for device connected when the DVAP completes its cycle.
If you had been using the phone as the WiFi access point, the phone should provide, at the least, what ITS local IP is.

If the WiFi IP has changed, the odds are good that the hotspot may have gone into Setup mode -- where IT acts as an access point, and (if you don't have a computer that can find/connect to it) you'd have to have the phone scan for WiFi access points to connect to the hotspot... THEN you would have to configure the hotspot with the phone's access point information (SSID/password).. Disconnect and turn on the phone's access point, reboot hotspot so it searches for and hopefully connects to the phone.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
G4AON

Post by G4AON »

You could use an IP scanner to find what is connected to your phone, use a Windows PC or laptop running a free utility, such as:
https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

Works a treat.

73 Dave
ID51E plus 2
ID5100E
IC9700
AnyTone AT-D878UV
Chinese MMDVM with OLED on a Pi 3B
DVAP on a Pi 3B