Can not link to reflectors with Verizon Jetpack

General support for the Pi-Star System
AK7AN

Can not link to reflectors with Verizon Jetpack

Post by AK7AN »

Ok, I have a Zumspot Pi zero and I wanted to have it mobile with me in my work truck. I can connect it to my Jetpack and everything is green, good to go. I am only using it for Dstar. My problem is that I can not connect to any reflectors. One thing I did notice is that the time is WAY off in the Zumspot.. In my research it looks like verizon runs a NAT. Anyone have any luck with a solution?
Thanks
Ed
AK7AN
KE0FHS

Re: Can not link to reflectors with Verizon Jetpack

Post by KE0FHS »

The Raspberry Pi uses Network Time Protocol (NTP) to synchronize its clock to UTC. In some cases, the time may get out of sync. In that case, you can simply restart the RPi and the NTP daemon should re-synchronize to UTC. If necessary, you can force a manual re-synchronization via Pi-Star by logging into Pi-Star via SSH, and then running these commands:
sudo systemctl stop ntp.service
sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org
sudo systemctl start ntp.service
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
kc7ngc

Post by kc7ngc »

One of the settings in the jetpack is to only allow certain protocols and ports to access the internet. It's designed to save your dataplan by only allowing the services you want to allow to access the internet over the jetpack.

You might need to turn off the portfiltering, or better yet go in and enable the ports necessary for the hotspot to work that way the linux on the pi wan't eat up bandwidth on updates etc and you are only using data for hotspot traffic.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... ase-40683/
AK7AN

Post by AK7AN »

OK, port filtering was not enabled on my jetpack. So I enabled port forwarding for these ports.

TCP/80 - Dashboard (only if you want it to be public)

UDP/10022 (ircDDBGateway remote app - if you want to be able to use the app on your phone)

UDP/20001-20009 - D-Plus

UDP/30001 - DExtra

UDP/30051-30059 - DCS Connections

UDP/30061-30065 - CCS Routing

UDP/40000 - Icom G2

Still no connect, so I am not sure what to do next. Anymore suggestions
Thanks so much for the help so for.
Ed
AK7AN