OLED display issue when CW ID is enabled

General support for the Pi-Star System
N6PL

OLED display issue when CW ID is enabled

Post by N6PL »

I have a ZUMspot on a Pi Zero (only mode used is DMR) and if I enable CW ID then at the first instance of an ID the OLED display will indicate 'CW TX' in block letters during the ID and then 'idle' continuously until the next ID (meaning that the normal display of connected TG, station information, etc. is disabled, and when the CW ID function enabled the display will only indicate either 'CW TX' or 'idle' and nothing else.) If the CW ID function is disabled then the display operates normally. I am currently using Pi-star v4.1.0 but the same issue was present with v3.14.

Is this a bug in the OLED display code or some kind of misconfiguration on my part?
N6PL

Re: OLED display issue when CW ID is enabled

Post by N6PL »

Nevermind, found the solution. While the CW ID function becomes operational as soon as it is selected in MMDVM config, the problem described above will occur until the system is restarted. After reboot OLED display operation is normal (well, it still displays 'CW TX' durng an ID, but after the ID completes the OLED display resumes normal behavior.)