Custom DMR Gateway Settings Lost After Changing Frequencies

General support for the Pi-Star System
ke4qdc

Custom DMR Gateway Settings Lost After Changing Frequencies

Post by ke4qdc »

I have 2 DMR radios I want to use with the hotspot (one UHF and one 900 MHz). I'd like to be able to switch the frequencies on the hotspot back and forth so I can use either radio without losing all my DMR Gateway settings.

Whenever I change my hotspot to DMR Gateway mode and configure mmdvmhost to point to an hblink server, the hotspot connects to the hblink server without any issues.

I can even reboot the hotspot and it will automatically reconnect to the hblink server.

If I change the frequencies (TX/RX) the hotspot is listening/transmitting on, any custom settings in mmdvmhost for the hblink server (IP address, port number, and password) are lost. The settings for DMR Gateway revert to the default values.

Is this expected behavior? Is there any way to work around this?
AF6VN

Re: Custom DMR Gateway Settings Lost After Changing Frequencies

Post by AF6VN »

<BLINK><BLINK>

You have a hotspot that supports 900MHz operations, without requiring separate radios? :o

I've not done a search, but the only dual band capable hotspots I'm familiar with are 2m/70cm units.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Custom DMR Gateway Settings Lost After Changing Frequencies

Post by M1DNS »

Yep. Once you start making changes in the expert section, You need to continue making changes in the expert section.

Any futhur edits made via the standard config pages, can and will overwrite expert changes back to their defaults.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.