Pi Zero W / Jumbo Spot not saying connected to Bransmeister

General support for the Pi-Star System
N8OFP

Pi Zero W / Jumbo Spot not saying connected to Bransmeister

Post by N8OFP »

I have a Jumbo Spot MMDVM Modem board on a Pi Zero W. Both the Pi and Jumbo Spot are new. I imaged an SD card with the latest version of Pi-Star 3.4.17 I have configured Pi-Star for DMR and configured for my WiFi network. When powered up the Hotspot boots and I can log into the dashboard. The Hotspot shows up on Brandmeister and all seems to work fine for anywhere from 1 hour to 24+ hours. Then for no reason the hotspot drops connection with Brandmeister. I am able to log into the hotspot dashboard and all able to navigate through the various screens but the unit will not reconnect to Brandmeister. The only way I have found to get it to reconnect to Brandmeister is to unplug the power and then plug the unit back in.

I have tried two different Pi Zero W and have the same issue. I have put the Jumbo Spot on a Pi 2 and it ran for over a week with no issues.

Has anyone else run into this issue with the Pi Zero W / Jumbo Spot and Brandmeister?

Thanks and 73
Del N8OFP
N8OFP

Re: Pi Zero W / Jumbo Spot not saying connected to Bransmeister

Post by N8OFP »

Thank you for the information, but I don't see how the network power save would be the issue since I am able to log into the dashboard from my computer on my local network even when the hotspot is not connected to Brandmeister.