RPi 3 - BlueStack on USB - How?

General support for the Pi-Star System
M6OFD

RPi 3 - BlueStack on USB - How?

Post by M6OFD »

Hello

I am feeling more than a little confused at the moment.

I have the DV-Mega/Bluesatck combo which works fine portable with my Android phone.

I have seen plenty of pictures and articles indicating that by changing the position of the Switch on the BlueStack board this then becomes a USB pass-through connection to the DV-Mega ... further there are plenty of comments and articles indicating that this USB works with the RPi3 and Pi-Star ...

Hopefully by now someone is going "That old chestnut..." because for the life of me I can't make this work!

An SSh from Expert mode shows the dev ttyusb0 as present when it's plugged in and absent when not ... But whatever config I have tried from the WebConfig 'MMDVMHost Configuration' the DV-Mega does not show as connected on the Dashboard.

This is bound to be something simple ... but I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me I am an idiot and which bit I have missed :D

Cheers
Gary.
M6OFD

Re: RPi 3 - BlueStack on USB - How?

Post by M6OFD »

:lol:

Turns out I am an Idiot ... I forgot to check the whole of the config!!!!

'General Config - Radio/Modem Type'

Anyone feeling like having a good chuckle please do :lol:

Cheers
Gary.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

I read your first post, and was sat here trying to work out how you were having such a hard time, yes as you discovered the magic is;

Switch the switch to the in position, select the (maybe not quite obvious enough) modem option :)

And yes thats all there is to it :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
VE3NY

Post by VE3NY »

I recently dusted off my iBluestack. I can't seem to get it to work as a usb connect to a RPi running Pi-Star. Is this possible?

tnx ... Tom VE3nY