Private Hosts files being overwritten with update on V4

General support for the Pi-Star System
VK2HK

Private Hosts files being overwritten with update on V4

Post by VK2HK »

Hi all, not sure if this is just a V4 Beta issue, but when I enter a private P25 reflector into my /usr/local/etc/P25HostsLocal.txt file, I am finding that the next day after an update it has been overwritten with the default one. As I said, I'm not sure if this is just because it is the Beta V4 version I am using or this is happening on the V3 as well ??

Anyone else having this issue ??

Regards
Ian (VK2HK)
VK2HK

Re: Private Hosts files being overwritten with update on V4

Post by VK2HK »

Thanks for the reply and yes I actually do now remember that is what should be done. It has been a very long time since I have made any changes to any Hosts Files and far too long for my aging brain to remember.

Yes I have looked at the info on Toshen's site and it is a great site.

Again thanks

Regards
Ian (VK2HK)
KK6RQ

Post by KK6RQ »

Has this ever been addressed? It's now 4 years in the future and still happening. Should I create a differently named file and point to that in the MMDVMHosts?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

The post is dated 2020, quite a lots changed since then. :-)

The whole point of pistar is it maintains ur installation, including keeping hosts up to date. So the entries in /usr.. get overwritten each night with any updates needed.

This was addressed yrs back. you can add private reflector entries in the host files in /root and not by editing those in /usr/... (address shown above)

if you read Ians #2 post youll notice Theres a missing reply in the thread which answered this back then.
( when you leave and delete ur account you get an option to delete all entries on the forum, this is the result when you choose to delete all apon leaving.
Broken threads)

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.