General support for the Pi-Star System
ve6edf

Re: dvmega issues no tx or rx

Post by ve6edf »

but no idea how to adjust the ber with a dvmega
ve6edf

Post by ve6edf »

have no idea how to adjust ber with a dvmega tried in the ssh but got error not suported
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

ve6edf wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:41 pm but no idea how to adjust the ber with a dvmega
Trial and Error -- Expert menu, MMDVMHOST
RxOffset
TxOffset
https://www.ailunce.com/blog/How-to-set-Rx-Tx-Offset

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
w7efs

Post by w7efs »

ve6edf wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:52 pm have no idea how to adjust ber with a dvmega tried in the ssh but got error not suported
... or https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star-n ... #tuningber
WY7JT

Post by WY7JT »

I had my DVMega firmware chip get corrupted once which gave similar results to what you're experiencing. I flashed firmware to another chip and installed the chip and it worked fine. Then I flashed the firmware back to the original chip and it worked as well. My setup isn't hacked for an upload from the Pi, so I had to use an Arduino board to program.

I also just had my SD card go bad on my DVMega hotspot recently. The card was old and been in service for quite a while. The way we're using SD cards is beyond their design. I run a Bitcoin/Lightning Network node on a Pi and to make that stable with all the read/writes I had to set it up to run from a hard drive. I also have a little Pi server that I set to work with a 100 GB thumb drive that has been pretty stable for quite a few years.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

WY7JT wrote: The way we're using SD cards is beyond their design.
For most of the time pistar runs in a read only state, which goes some way to mitigating this.

Remember the dvmega doesn't use mmdvm firmware so it won't have compatibility for use with pistar-cal (mmdvm-cal)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
ve6edf

Post by ve6edf »

this is a dvmega dual as far as i know it don't have the removable chip like the single band maybe some one can tell me the offset tx ant rx of there dvmega dual band
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

ve6edf wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:34 am this is a dvmega dual as far as i know it don't have the removable chip like the single band maybe some one can tell me the offset tx ant rx of there dvmega dual band
While there may be some baseline, the optimum values depend upon both the board and the radio one is using to contact it.

And if it helps... My dual-band (running on 70cm -- the offset might also be sensitive to the frequency in use) is using offsets of: 0 and 0 respectively

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber