Pi Zero with OLED display, V4.1, no "Idle" screen?

General support for the Pi-Star System
VK5BB

Pi Zero with OLED display, V4.1, no "Idle" screen?

Post by VK5BB »

Hi,

Just upgraded all my four R-Pi Pi-Star hot spots with a clean install of V4.1.0 on,

1x R-Pi 3B, with a 3.5" Nextion screen,
1x R-Pi 3A+ with a 3.5" Nextion screen,
1x R-Pi 3A+ with a 2.8" Nextion screen and a
Pi-Zero with OLED screen.

All went well first time round and all seem to readily connect to my WiFi network or my portable Telco Internet WiFi dongle without issues.

One thing of note and my query?

The Pi-Zero with the OLED screen, with the parameters set to, OLED3, Modem and G4KLX. (previous settings used for V3.4.17)
Once configured, there does not appear to be and one does not display, an "Idle" screen.
Previously the "Idle" screen displayed scrolling letters "MMDVM" down the screen.
Now with V4.1, there is no "Idle" screen but the active screen flashes up instantly when ever there is either network or RF activity.

Is this an oversight?

Or has the feature not been implemented for some reason?

Could there be an option to select the option of having an active "Idle" screen?

It is not a big issue but I did like the display of the "Idle" screen, it gives a sense that it is there "waiting for activity/action"

73, Ben VK5BB
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Pi Zero with OLED display, V4.1, no "Idle" screen?

Post by M1DNS »

This one's mentioned in the forum FAQ section...

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2579&sid=6f65d51a1 ... 385df99b17

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VK5BB

Re: Pi Zero with OLED display, V4.1, no "Idle" screen?

Post by VK5BB »

Hi,

Thank you for the responses and advice.
Got it!
This was a clean install to V4.1.0, but I had not looked at depth to some of the "Expert" screens.
Had a look as advise and set the OLED parameters LogoScreenSaver=1 and there it was, the MMDVM scrolling up the screen.
So now the option is there, thank you.

73 Ben VK5BB