Pi-Star, T-Mobile SyncUP Not Connecting

General support for the Pi-Star System
K2AMP

Pi-Star, T-Mobile SyncUP Not Connecting

Post by K2AMP »

In my truck I have a recently acquired Pi-Star-based hotspot (Pi0) along with a T-Mobile SyncUP device that plugs into the ODB2 diag connector which provides WiFi for hotspot capabilities via TMo's LTE service. If I connect to the WiFi with my iPhone I'm able to hit any website I want. However, I was unable to communicate with my DMR HT on any TG. I have another, identical hotspot in my house that is attached to my Comcast internet service. Same HT can communicate flawlessly on any TG through that hotspot.

While troubleshooting the issue, I went to the Live Logs on the truck hotspot while attached to the TMo device. Repetitively I got the following:

Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
Closing DMR Network
Opening DMR Network

Obviously that's my issue. But I'm not sure how to rectify it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
K2AMP

Re: Pi-Star, T-Mobile SyncUP Not Connecting

Post by K2AMP »

I've been in the IT industry since 1980, before the PC came out. Now, self-employed for almost 16 years. And I've seen my share of unexplainable stuff in tech.

Well, chalk this up under that category. Get back to the house after some appointments and wanted to concentrate on getting this to work. And it's working!!!

WTF! Lol!
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

Cellular is Magic. It really should not work at all. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

jb N4NQY
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

I occasionally see this on one of my Pi Zero Ws, it appears to be because the DMR server's password has been corrupted in some way, I usually find that the fix is to re-enter it on the config page and everything works again.

Just a suggestion if you see this again.
--

Brian G8SEZ