Unusual display when keying my radio

General support for the Pi-Star System
WB4SJN

Unusual display when keying my radio

Post by WB4SJN »

I am using a home made hotspot that has been working just fine till now. The version I am running is: Pi-star:4.1.0.RC4, Dashboard: 20200706. I wanted to send a photo but it was too big.When I key my radio, under the line "Local RF Activity", from "Dur(s), BER, RSST" is red and it says: "TX 6+ sec". I also don't believe I am transmitting because there is no response to my call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
G8SEZ

Re: Unusual display when keying my radio

Post by G8SEZ »

This is a change made to the dashboard fairly recently, it just makes it more obvious that the PiStar transmitter is on and gives time count during the transmission instead of at the end.

As for the 4.1.0rc4 version, you can run sudo pistar-upgrade a few times to get you to the current version which is 4.1.2

HTH
--

Brian G8SEZ
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

Thanks for the reply Brian. I discovered the reason for the it was happeing. Now that I know the reason for it I can pay closer attention to it and may not time out as often.
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I just noticed that you answered my other problem. I hate to sound like a rookie but it is a fact. Could you give me a step by step on exactley how to run the sudo dpkg? Thank you for your help.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

WB4SJN wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:54 pm I just noticed that you answered my other problem. I hate to sound like a rookie but it is a fact. Could you give me a step by step on exactley how to run the sudo dpkg? Thank you for your help.
Uhm... He literally did. Connect to a console (SSH), log in, and execute "sudo pistar-upgrade". Repeat the command until it says you are at the latest version. {Personally -- I'd suggest first doing "sudo pistar-update" to ensure you have the most recent OS stuff, then do pistar-upgrade to get the Pi-Star applications up to snuff.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I checked in configuration and noticed "SSH Access". Is this where I need to be to run the updates and upgrades?
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

WB4SJN wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm I checked in configuration and noticed "SSH Access". Is this where I need to be to run the updates and upgrades?
Yes, under the expert menu after you go to configuration.

Login as user pi-star but remember that the scripts are all named pistar-<something>. As mentioned, alternating pistar-update and pistar-upgrade a few times should fix everything up. You need to use sudo too, or they won't do much.
--

Brian G8SEZ
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I opened SSH Access but I guess I am not using a correct login because it won't let me enter a password.
I am sure a rookie,huh. I also tried to download the software to flash an sd card and I get unconfirmed when I check the d/l file. I would not know what the password is for login into SSH Access.
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I thought I posted a reply last night. I wanted to thank every one who helped me with this situatuin. I was able to finally get 4.1.2 onto one of my hotspots due to the patience of those who answered my plea. So, Thanks again.73.