TGIF Hotspot 3.5" Display

General support for the Pi-Star System
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: TGIF Hotspot 3.5" Display

Post by M1DNS »

***** wrote:What I find interesting is that... .
_ _ _ _ _ _ Given the context of your post and its obvious intention against another group member included here in this thread its been pulled.

Feel free to post your view and opinion of the products and services referenced in the thread, but keep it civilised. We have no issue members discussing gear, hardware etc in the group but consider personal remarks, opinions and agendas against other members here in the group off topic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KD4MAA

Post by KD4MAA »

Did you just want to clone the software? Can that be done? I ordered the software for like I think it was $13 but still that is still money. I don't see why you couldn't just clone the SD card. It looks like its two parts on the SD card. I know you can download the image of the screen and install it in the screen itself (using the SD card reading on the back of the screen)
I don't know how that works or you just need a blank right out-of-the-box screen. I don't know if you can *reset* the screen to factory?

I am going to see about cloning the SD card when I buy a new copy because I think updating it messed it up and not sure how to fix it.

KD4MAA
KD4MAA

Post by KD4MAA »

@VE3RD

Hi, I don't want to sound dumb but what MORE is needed for the TGIF spot and screen? You said something about source code. You got me lost on that one if you posted all the links.
kd6qfo

Post by kd6qfo »

In response to KD4MMA - You can clone the card. Various methods exist including native linux tools and other open source tools. I think the TGIF guy even suggest you're do that and provides a link to another persons instructions.

Without a clone of your card and assuming you're have a crash, apparently, the display driver for TGIF is not downloadable and protected by the seller and his goons. Other Display drivers are available which are great so, you really don't need the TGIF drivers or support. At that point, just build one from scratch or buy a Zumspot.

@VE3RD - The TGIF hotspot, based on my understanding is just standard hardware, bolted together but the screen software is proprietary. At least when I asked for the location of the download so I can rebuild from scratch, I was told NO.
KD4MAA

Post by KD4MAA »

kd6qfo wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:29 am In response to KD4MMA - You can clone the card. Various methods exist including native linux tools and other open source tools. I think the TGIF guy even suggest you're do that and provides a link to another persons instructions.

Without a clone of your card and assuming you're have a crash, apparently, the display driver for TGIF is not downloadable and protected by the seller and his goons. Other Display drivers are available which are great so, you really don't need the TGIF drivers or support. At that point, just build one from scratch or buy a Zumspot.

@VE3RD - The TGIF hotspot, based on my understanding is just standard hardware, bolted together but the screen software is proprietary. At least when I asked for the location of the download so I can rebuild from scratch, I was told NO.

Can you tell me the best way to clone the SD card so when I get a new one I WILL do it first thing.

Thanks
KD4MAA

Post by KD4MAA »

https://ibb.co/DDbMjyt

If the pic wont load please click the link to see the pic.

Basically The F an C is saying Execut F and /user/I C (see image)

How can I fix that?
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

KD4MAA wrote:
kd6qfo wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:29 am In response to KD4MMA - You can clone the card. Various methods exist including native linux tools and other open source tools. I think the TGIF guy even suggest you're do that and provides a link to another persons instructions.

Can you tell me the best way to clone the SD card so when I get a new one I WILL do it first thing.

Thanks
pistar-clone is the command you want.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.