Prime.tgif.network static TG

General support for the Pi-Star System
iz5wga

Prime.tgif.network static TG

Post by iz5wga »

Hello all,
is there a way with dmrgateway to set a static tg for prime tgif network, or is it unallowed?
I used the string
Options="StartRef=;TS2_1=2241;" but it doesn't seem to startup statically on that tg.
Thanks!
iz5wga

Re: Prime.tgif.network static TG

Post by iz5wga »

Hi KE7FNS,

that configuration line I posted is successfully used in the DMR+ IPSC2 section of dmr gateway...

TS1_X stands for timeslot 1 static Xth TG, where 1=<X=<5 (we can assign up to 5 static TGs per time slot)
The same for TS2, so TS2_1=2241 means that I want 2241 to be the first static TG out of 5 possibile for timeslot 2

Code: Select all

Options=StartRef=2241;RelinkTime=60;UserLink=1;
means I would the pi-star to start up with reflector 2241 and no TG, but it's not really what I would achieve.
I'd like to start with null reflector and TG 2241 as static on TS2...

Thanks for your time, though :D
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

Prime is only temporary. Once that server becomes the official TGIF server, the prime designation will go away. So. It really is a nonfactor.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
WB3IHY

Post by WB3IHY »

KD8DVR wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 am Prime is only temporary. Once that server becomes the official TGIF server, the prime designation will go away. So. It really is a nonfactor.
I disagree. Since the "prime server" will become the official TGIF server, whether or not this method of setting a "start up" talkgroup works (and, if so, the syntax for making it work) on it is still a "factor."
iz5wga

Post by iz5wga »

Well...
I made it work on both BM and DMR+ with the TS1_X and TS2_X thing, as static tgs (I now own a dual hat so I linked one timeslot to BM and the other to DMR+): both have static tg with TS1_1=222 for BM and TS2_1=2241 for DMR.
Then... everyone can check on his own wether it's working or not the TS2_X syntax (it's not a great endeavour... It's a one line config in Pistar...)
For me, it works even on HBlink. The only one where I don't see it working is TGIF.
Here is an how-to: besides the language (Italian) you can see screenshots where TS2_X is used and the writer is into Italian's BM and DMR+ national team
https://www.grupporadiofirenze.net/2019 ... mrgateway/
Cheers!
'73
K5MRE

Post by K5MRE »

I actually wrote that code in the original TGIF server. I’m pretty sure it was transferred to the prime code base.

Use:

StartRef0=xxxx;StartRef1=yyyy;

... in the options payload. The first to set the first time slot and the other for the second.

Yea, I should have used 1 and 2 since that’s what people are used to seeing (it’s actually 0 and 1 in the payload).

If it’s not working, ping me and I’ll check with Ty to see if he pulled it forward or changed it.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

Here is what I use for TGIF Prime with HBlink:

StartRef0=nnnnn;StartRef1=nnnnn

0 would be on TS1, 1 would be on TS2.