Fusion/DMR conflict on Pi 3B.

General support for the Pi-Star System
MI6OGF

Fusion/DMR conflict on Pi 3B.

Post by MI6OGF »

I am running DMR on an Ailunce HD1 radio. Running Fusion on a Yaesu FT70D.I can hear people on both systems but am unable to transmit on either system I am using a MMDVM board. When someone is transmitting on DMR I get the lights on the FT70 flashing.
AF6VN

Re: Fusion/DMR conflict on Pi 3B.

Post by AF6VN »

There is also the rather simple fact that, since the hotspot is using a single frequency for both modes, if it is active on a DMR conversation, a System Fusion radio will be unable to decode the digital signal, but WILL show that the frequency is busy (Rx LED). Similarly, if the hotspot is in "Listening DMR", it will ignore any transmissions from the YSF HT (until the DMR traffic has died down for whatever time-out is set up in the configuration page, at which point the hotspot will just show "Listening").

The same applies in the other direction -- a DMR radio will not decode Fusion traffic, but will show the channel active, and will not be able to send until the hotspot stops "Listening YSF".

I'm set for D-STAR and DMR... Same problems. Compounded with an annoyance that it sometimes takes two PTT cycles on the DMR to be detected. D-STAR seems to always be picked up on first PTT when the hotspot is in "Listening" state.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber