First Attempt to Flash a new SD Card with Ver 4.xx

General support for the Pi-Star System
N1JWW

First Attempt to Flash a new SD Card with Ver 4.xx

Post by N1JWW »

So I have a working SD card with 3.4.17 on it.

More of an exercise, but I did a backup of my current config to zip file. I used that Etcher program on Windows to flash SD card, I reinserted the card into TGIF hot spot. I am hardwired into the router with ethernet cable. I went to pi-star.local and signed back in, selected DMR as mode and restored my config. The TGIF spot where IP address would show says: Nextion waiting for data.....

What is my next step? Not sure.....

Jeff W Waldrop / N1JWW
n9mxq

Re: First Attempt to Flash a new SD Card with Ver 4.xx

Post by n9mxq »

If I remember right, there are settings that won't transfer from 3.x.x to 4.x.x. You'll have to go through your settings and see what transferred and what didn't.

For the Nextion, it looks like the port isn't set right.
Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

I would suggest that you ssh in and do a few sudo pistar-update && sudo pistar-upgrade cycles to make sure you have the latest OS and PiStar updates.

After that, you will probably need to adjust things yourself as the settings are slightly in a state of flux and Andy hasn't yet released a new version with fully fixed-up Nextion support.
--

Brian G8SEZ
N1JWW

Post by N1JWW »

Well, I will just put the card back in with PI 3.4.17 on it....

The reason I was trying to get with V 4.x was because I bought a SkyRoam Internet Hotspot to use solely with the Pi-Star and currently it won't connect to the Skyroam SSD..... Someone on the forum said ver 4 addressed an issue causing this.

Jeff W Waldrop

N1JWW
PA3FAT

Post by PA3FAT »

Check if your mmdvm hat is selected. Think that is one of the config settings that is not transferred via backup. Think had this also on my 2nd hotspot where i used a backup from the 1st hotspot config.

and select the oled/nextion /ttyNextion and specific driver in use. You might need to reinstall the ON7??? specific drivers also if using or selecting this setup. Drivers aren't installed default. Works but would miss parts of the data.