How to stay linked to the same YSF reflector

General support for the Pi-Star System
W0sky

How to stay linked to the same YSF reflector

Post by W0sky »

I run a Pi-star with YSF enabled.

We have a very specefic application where the image MUST stay linked to the same YSF Reflector and not move around.

I tried deleting all the entries from the host file and then locking the file so nothing could write to it, however, now what happens is if a user tries to link to something else it says “linked to nconnc”

I want to LOCK the pistar to one reflector and the user has NO control over changing this or disconnecting. How can I do this?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: How to stay linked to the same YSF reflector

Post by M1DNS »

If you go to the expert pages and open the ysfgateway editor you'll notice where the gareway is looking for the host files.

You could create a new file in that same folder and copy paste only the reflector connections, ip adds. etc. over from the original file that you want to permit your users to link into. Save that file, then edit the 'hosts' line in ysfgateway to point to this new file.

The issue you jave currently is the overnight updates will be looking to update the original file with newer or changes to any reflectors as the come available. It won't do that for a newly created alternative hosts lookup file.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
W0sky

Post by W0sky »

I tried that but if someone tries to connect to a different link it just says NCONNECT or it unlinks. It does not stay connected.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

If you did it correctly it would only offer a list of where you allow your users to connect. If you run with only a few entries in the list, it shouldn't offer more than those to connect with, so not sure why you see this error, id look elsewhere if its rejecting any of those listed as that doesnt seen right??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.