MMDVM Duplex dropping transmissions, MD380

General support for the Pi-Star System
m7hxs

MMDVM Duplex dropping transmissions, MD380

Post by m7hxs »

Hello all,

Over the last two weeks I have been having issues with my duplex mmdvm and pistar. I am using a Pi4, latest kernel and fully updated. PiStar is latest version and I have run the update tool too. MD380 running MD380 tools, worked fine with dmr repeaters and simplex hotspot. I am only using DMR, brandmeister master.

Whenever I transmit, it sends the first few seconds then the pistar doesn't register the rest of the transmission. I have made a few changes to the mmdvmhost file, run mmdvmcal and changed tx/rx offsets. Someone suggested to changed DMRTXlevel to 60 but this made no difference either. I have even changed the antenna from the stock stubby to a different one but that didn't make a difference. BER varies between 0.1% and 9% sometimes too!

about 10% of the time it works with no issue, low BER and good transmission, not cutting off half way through. temp is about 45C reported in admin console.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix for this duplex mmdvm board issue or has encountered something similar?

Many thanks

______