DMR2YSF

General support for the Pi-Star System
wa4css

DMR2YSF

Post by wa4css »

I am having trouble getting the DMR2YSF to work with my Anytone 878.
Direct keyboard talk group entry works great on DMR but I cannot it to go on
DMR2YSF I have tried TG 7100290 and 100290 with no luck.
Any suggestions?

Jerry
W1KMC

Re: DMR2YSF

Post by W1KMC »

I have an idea but will probably be told I am talking out my @$$, but ...

1 - Are you using DMR2YSF straight (meaning you don't want anything BUT YSF) or the DMR Gateway?
If DMR2YSF straight 100290 should have worked -- Try 100390 -- They are both AmericaLink IIRC but 390 sounds better(AmericaLink YSF room is 21080)

The 7 prefix is for the DMR Crossover modes (DMR2YSF OR (NOT AND) DMR2NXDN)
Only one can be active at a time -- software prevents both simultaneously -- they BOTH need the 7 prefix and would wreak havoc doing them together.

2 - Direct TG entry on an Anytone 878 (you have) 868 (I have) or even 578 (Too expensive for me to have, but all based on the same thing), is a temporary thing (NOT permanent) so you have to key the TG each time -- VERY annoying.

There is a Manual TG hold timer in the software which may hold the TG longer but IIRC the default is like 3s. You are better off to create a channel in the 878, that way when you want to listen, you kerchunk on the AmericaLink Channel and it stays.

I have never done a direct entry to a room and then talked through TG7 (This is if in DMRGateway Crossover), so I don't even know if it is still working or how it works as I just created channels (in the 868, 878, and probably 578 that's easy by exporting all the files to excel (assuming of course you HAVE Excel, clones like OpenOffice/LibreOffice will not do) -- I just copy my hotspot channel and make the 3-4 changes needed (Name, TG, TS, [1 more IDR]). I then add the cannel to a Zone in the zones sheet and import all back to the software and into my radio.

Maybe someone else has other ideas but this is where I'd start.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
wa4css

Post by wa4css »

Thank-you for the response. In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, I am attempting to get FCS output only on cross mode.

2. I found on the Internet at least for the 878 you can make the TG permanent.
In the programming software, go to optional settings/Digital functions/Manual dial hold time.
There you can make it infinite and it will stick. If you turn the knob or key in a new
TG it will change.

Still cannot get the DMR2YSF working though.
wa4css

Post by wa4css »

I played with it some mode. It seems it does work on a named channel.
It does not seem to work on a no-name channel.