pi star image

General support for the Pi-Star System
MW6KDA

pi star image

Post by MW6KDA »

can someone tell me what image to flash for jumbo spot. when i first got the jumbo spot and powerd it up for first time the small screen on the jumbo had MMDVM LIT UP .....i flashed the pi-star rpi-v4.17 20-jan-2019.zip. now i get nothing on jumbospot screen. but am getting WELCOME TO PI-STAR V4.1.0-RC7 CANNOT GET ON NO MODES DEFINED WHEN I TRY FROM MY LAP TOP....just tells me the sight cannot be reached i have also tried HTTP //192.168.50.1/ HELP PLEASE.
W1KMC

Re: pi star image

Post by W1KMC »

RC = Release CAndidate -- not needed now -- current version is

Pi-Star_RPi_V4.1.2_20-May-2020.zip

Jumbospots are generally a STM32_MMDVM Pi Hat (GPIO), or very similar wording but you do need to set the Dosplay to OLED (Type 3 for the smaller screen aor Type 6 for the bigger OLED screen befor the MMDVM will display. I also seem to remember that they made it so that there is now a screen saver that blanks the screen instead of that MMDVM going across the screen. You can set that in the MMDVM expert settings.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
MW6KDA

Post by MW6KDA »

thanks for the replies lads. i have now flashed pi-star v4.1.2 now i have the same problem....how do i get on to the dash board to get things up and running.i have gone through the HTTP
[ HTTP//192.168.50.1 THIS WILL ALWAYS FIND YOUR PI-STAR ] i am not getting any where . on the bottom of my monitor it says in green. pi-star@pi-star[ro] : S _
MW6KDA

Post by MW6KDA »

i am on my laptop its telling me i am connected to pi-star but no internet.