DMRIds.dat file not updating

General support for the Pi-Star System
KN2TOD

DMRIds.dat file not updating

Post by KN2TOD »

The DMRIds.dat file appears to not be updating again, possibly due to changes at RadioID.net resulting from their consolidation with ham-digital.net. Any one looking at this?
GM8ARV

Re: DMRIds.dat file not updating

Post by GM8ARV »

I'm also seeing this issue on four hotspots.

David GM8ARV
73 from David, Edinburgh
https://www.satsignal.eu
py2ko

Post by py2ko »

Same thing here, on two hotspots. Any update on this?

Rafael PY2KO
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

I assume that both of you have done all the needed updates and upgrades? Andy recently changed the update timing to deconflict requests on the PiStar servers.
--

Brian G8SEZ
py2ko

Post by py2ko »

Yes, I´ve updated and upgraded them yesterday. And the DMRIds.dat file seems to get updated nightly, but still with "old data".
Attachments
DMRIds.PNG
DMRIds.PNG (56.4 KiB) Viewed 2549 times
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

The nightly download of DMR Ids has stalled at 181,116 entries and has remained at that count since 12/19 when RadioID.net and Ham.digital merged. Since that date, approximately 1,100 new entries have been posted through various registries (roughly 80-120 new entries are being created each day!). The problem is not with the nightly updates or timings on individual hotspots, but rather with the build of the initial file being downloaded from pistar.uk - it does not appear to be synced/in sync with the data available from RadioID anymore.
py2ko

Post by py2ko »

KN2TOD wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:35 pm The nightly download of DMR Ids has stalled at 181,116 entries and has remained at that count since 12/19 when RadioID.net and Ham.digital merged. Since that date, approximately 1,100 new entries have been posted through various registries (roughly 80-120 new entries are being created each day!). The problem is not with the nightly updates or timings on individual hotspots, but rather with the build of the initial file being downloaded from pistar.uk - it does not appear to be synced/in sync with the data available from RadioID anymore.
Yes, that´s what I imagined. Posting here so may be Andy can take a look on that if it is a easy fix.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:25 pm
G8SEZ wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:41 pm I assume that both of you have done all the needed updates and upgrades? Andy recently changed the update timing to deconflict requests on the PiStar servers.
This isn't something we have any control over. This is an issue where the data Andy is pulling is no longer being updated or it has been moved so his nightly scripts to assemble the data for us to download are not operating correctly.
I thought it was worth checking, I've found that change very much improved the reliability of the updates for my hotspots.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:00 pm
KN2TOD wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:35 pm The nightly download of DMR Ids has stalled at 181,116 entries and has remained at that count since 12/19 when RadioID.net and Ham.digital merged. Since that date, approximately 1,100 new entries have been posted through various registries (roughly 80-120 new entries are being created each day!). The problem is not with the nightly updates or timings on individual hotspots, but rather with the build of the initial file being downloaded from pistar.uk - it does not appear to be synced/in sync with the data available from RadioID anymore.
The database was never synced with RadioID, Andy uses https://ham-digital.org/status/users.csv as the data source. Since it is no longer being updated neither is the Pi-star database.
OK, I had not noticed that, I haven't seen any particular evidence of IDs in the dashboard instead of callsigns recently.

Not sure how to get this resolved, but perhaps one of the admins will notice and take action.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:05 pm
G8SEZ wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:29 pm OK, I had not noticed that, I haven't seen any particular evidence of IDs in the dashboard instead of callsigns recently.
Yeah me either, I guess you have to be watching the dashboard like a hawk on a talkgroup where one of those 1080 new guys are making their first contact for it to matter so much.

For me, I never use the dashboard, I just update my radio every month with the info from RadioID.
G8SEZ wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:29 pm Not sure how to get this resolved, but perhaps one of the admins will notice and take action.
I'm sure Andy will get to it whenever he has some free time. Seems like a simple fix to me, just move his source over to https://database.radioid.net/static/user.csv instead.
If everyone sorted out the talker alias settings on their radios it would mean that the database ID updates could become less important.
--

Brian G8SEZ