Pi-Star noob

General support for the Pi-Star System
w4htp

Pi-Star noob

Post by w4htp »

Hi,

I am new to the Pi-Star hot spots. I have run a OpenSpot 4+ years and recently bought a RFinder HCP-1, which worked but was a quirky mess. That was my first experience with Pi-Star. I returned the RFinder for a refund and decided to build a Pi based hot spot.

I have a few Pi3 sitting around and am familiar with them. I ordered this hat https://www.ebay.com/itm/MMDVM-Hotspot- ... 4277225358

I put it together, booted the Pi-Star image and did the configuration. The only thing I am not sure about is the exact MMDVM type. Reading online, I think it should be the MMDVM_HS_HAT for Pi, but there seem to be some variations. I've tried a couple variations with the same lack of success.

On the admin page I see the active Brandmeister connection as 3101. I do have hot spot security configured.

On the Dashboard, my DMR and DMR Net buttons are red. When I key, I don't see any RF activity.

As with the OpenSpot and with the RFinder, I use 436.000 Mhz simplex in my radio that works fine with the OpenSpot and previously worked with the Pi-Star based RFinder HCP-1.

Being I know all the other settings and I'm connected fine via WiFi, I have to think I have the wrong MMDVM board selected.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Howard
W4HTP

w4htp

Re: Pi-Star noob

Post by w4htp »

Thank you. I guess I will have to change my OpenSpot and code plug if I want to use this device or dedicate it to TGIF.

Howard