RESOLVED - RadioID.net vs. QRZ.com

General support for the Pi-Star System
G4HFG

Re: RadioID.net vs. QRZ.com

Post by G4HFG »

I regret that I cannot see this addendum option to change to QRZ.

The link to my dashboard is- http://mb6cy.gw.ircddb.net/

I would be very grateful to receive some advice please.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Configuration->Expert->CSS Tool

should get you there.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G4HFG

Post by G4HFG »

Thanks for your response Brian but that is not available here.

Expert, CSS Tool, brings up a number of headings, Background, Text, Tables, Content, BannerH2, BannerExText.

It also allows the user to 'Apply Changes', but this is nothing like the tabs that I expected to see.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

OK, well perhaps there is something that has prevented the updated php from being loaded.

Can I suggest that you go to Configuration and without changing anything simply click any of the Apply changes buttons. Then repeat the Expert->CSS Tool and see if it changes.

Ah, I think you probably need to note down the changes you've made to the CSS settings and then use the default button, that should fix it. Naturally you then need to reenter the values you want changed.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G4HFG

Post by G4HFG »

Thanks again Brian.

I suspect that I will do this in the morning as I have users on MB6CY right now and when I push Apply Changes it suspends transmissions for a few minutes. I will carry out your instructions to the letter and report back later.
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

MW0MWZ wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:33 pm
**Note 2 - If you don't have the fields showing, first make sure you are running the latest dashboard build (this feature arrived in 20210127), so long as you have that or newer thats great, if you have set CSS settings already, do the reset at the bottom of the page (after making a note of your current settings) and the new options will appear for you.
Andy posted the above, Note 2, that states you may have to do a reset of the CSS settings for the new options to appear. Also notice what is in parenthesis as a warning to take note of your current settings.
Scott - N7HHI
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Once again team, its in this thread... viewtopic.php?p=16596#p16596
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
G4HFG

Post by G4HFG »

'If you don't have the fields showing, first make sure you are running the latest dashboard build (this feature arrived in 20210127), so long as you have that or newer thats great, if you have set CSS settings already, do the reset at the bottom of the page (after making a note of your current settings) and the new options will appear for you.'

Exactly. We do not have these fields showing despite the software update about lunchtime today. I don't wish to disrupt the users right now so I will have to revisit this in the morning.

Thanks to everyone for their help and I will update you accordingly.
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

Got it to work now. Popup is different. Prior, when clicked on the callsign the new tab was adding to the existing browser. Now it opening up a new browser altogether. However I do thank you for the fix, at least it went to QRZ instead of RadioID.

73, Kit
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

G8SEZ wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:42 pm
It's the easiest thing to drag the new window onto the tab bar of another browser instance.
The new window is a pop-up. It does not allow you to drag it onto the tab area of another browser instance.
In addition to this, you can only have one of these pop-ups open at a time. When you try to open a second one, it replaces the first one. This makes it impossible to have multiple contacts open at once.
In the previous dashboard version, you could click on as many callsigns as you wanted and each one would end up in a new tab.

I also would be interested in knowing if it could be set back to open in a tab rather than a pop-up.
Scott - N7HHI