Pi-Star Dashboard

General support for the Pi-Star System
W0EDN

Pi-Star Dashboard

Post by W0EDN »

When using my hotspot linked to REF001C, if I key my mic, should I see myself on my Dashboard? If I'm supposed to see my callsign on the Dashboard but it does not show up, why is that?......../W0EDN
AF6VN

Re: Pi-Star Dashboard

Post by AF6VN »

Did the dashboard show "LISTENING" (or "LISTENING D-STAR").

How long did you hold the PTT (My D74 is configured to send location information, so even a short PTT results in a few seconds of traffic being transmitted).

Are you properly configured for REPEATER (DR mode), not simplex (DV mode). Even though the hotspot is a simplex (same frequency, take turns) device, the radio MUST be configured for repeater with 0-offset to have the correct headers sent in the digital packets.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
W0EDN

Post by W0EDN »

Thanks....In Pi-Star config I'm set up as simplex using mmdvm. My Icom 92AD is set with zero offset. I can hear great on the mmdvm pi hat (rpi 3b). I think the issue is that I don't know the RXOffset for the Aursinc mmdvm board (i.e., is it positive or negative and the value). I wanted to try an echo test with this hot spot to dial it in, but I'm not sure how to do that with a hot spot. Right now my hot spot is set to link to REF001C on boot up....Ugh....
W0EDN

Post by W0EDN »

Yes, the dashboard shows listening to dstar....and the mmdvm oled shows that as well....
AK7AN

Post by AK7AN »

This might help..
http://www.kh7ms.com/mmdvm/