MobileGPS YSF GW

General support for the Pi-Star System
KE8PHG

MobileGPS YSF GW

Post by KE8PHG »

I'm trying to setup the hotspot I keep in my car to beacon my position to APRS using a USB GPS dongle. I bought a GlobalSat BU-353S4 USB dongle and it's a fresh install of pi-star 4.1.4. I turned on mobileGPS and set the port to ttyUSB0 with port speed of 4800. The mobileGPS file was created in /etc and has the correct info in it. If i turn on logging and check that file i can see the GPS info being sent from the globalsat. I can also cat /dev/ttyUSB0 and see the data. In config i set lat/lon to 0.0 that i saw in another post and in expert YSF GW settings I turned on APRS and GPSD but it's not sending the beacon to APRS or updating my position.

If i put in my lat/lon it does send APRS beacons but not the suffix i set in YSF GW APRS of 2. The ID it sends is callsign-n. If i change the suffix to 2 from ND in the YSF GW general section it sends the correct ID but applying any changes on the configuration page resets this back to ND.

So do I have the GPS setup correctly and the feature just isn't ready yet or am I missing something to get it to work?

Paul KE8PHG