Control APRS Gateway SSID?

General support for the Pi-Star System
KV4S

Control APRS Gateway SSID?

Post by KV4S »

Is there a way to set your own SSIDs of the MMDVM APRS Gateway?
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Control APRS Gateway SSID?

Post by MW0MWZ »

KV4S wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:19 pm Is there a way to set your own SSIDs of the MMDVM APRS Gateway?
On some radios yes, on some radios no, on the gateways I currently set them from the config page, you can set them - but the config page will change them back if you use the config page again.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KV4S

Post by KV4S »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:10 pm On some radios yes, on some radios no, on the gateways I currently set them from the config page, you can set them - but the config page will change them back if you use the config page again.
Are you talking about a pi-star config page and if so, can you tell me how to get to it?
I called myself looking everywhere I could think of including expert settings.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KV4S wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:48 pm
MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:10 pm On some radios yes, on some radios no, on the gateways I currently set them from the config page, you can set them - but the config page will change them back if you use the config page again.
Are you talking about a pi-star config page and if so, can you tell me how to get to it?
I called myself looking everywhere I could think of including expert settings.
On your Pi-Star, configure link in the top right of the dashboard.
When using that page it sets the SSIDs for the gateways - what I am saying here, is that is picks values based on the configured callsign and if its duplex or not, there are no options for you to select, apart from the APRS server in use.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KV4S

Post by KV4S »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:32 pm On your Pi-Star, configure link in the top right of the dashboard.
When using that page it sets the SSIDs for the gateways - what I am saying here, is that is picks values based on the configured callsign and if its duplex or not, there are no options for you to select, apart from the APRS server in use.
Ahh ok, I got that. Yeah, it's auto assigning a -R and -N on some of my gateway connections. I was already using a -R for another aprs appliction and it was overriding it about once an hour. Luckily I'm able to change the SSID on the other application.

Thanks for the info at least I know I'm not missing anything.

Maybe this would be a good feature request??

73, Russell
zs1rbt

Post by zs1rbt »

Seems I'm bumping an older thread. I see that my APRS IDs are being allocated as '-S', '-B' and '-D'. This contravenes the standard presented in http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/SSIDs.txt where only '-0' to '-15' are valid suffixes. While aprs.fi does not seem to mind, the 'invalid' SSIDs seem to be causing some issues downstream. I would also like a way to specify my own, or at least the suffix.