Pi-Star Hot Spot to Hot Spot connectivity?

General support for the Pi-Star System
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Pi-Star Hot Spot to Hot Spot connectivity?

Post by KE7FNS »

VK5BB wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:46 am It seems that there were "behind the scenes" changes that coincided with the Pi-Star upgrades and it was around this time we lost the linking feature.

We need to work out what changed "behind the scenes" and see if that can be corrected or fixed?
Yes. Maybe it would be best for you to either to get on IRC and ask a QuadNet admin, or e-mail them directly and ask why it no longer works when you supposedly have the new server information entered.

Here is the contact info I found:
https://www.openquad.net/contact.php

I was able to briefly discuss your issue with Andy and he mentioned to check the uPNP ports on your router. It seems as though that information is correct for you and Charlie as far as I can tell.

I think I understand how the callsign routing works, when you start your ircddbGateway it connects to an old school IRC server, your IRC nickname is your callsign and it sits and idles there. Then when you want to do a callsign routing connection, it scans the nicknames connected to that irc server for the callsign you are looking for and does a /whois on them and gathers the IP address. Then that gets passed to the application to finish the connection since it now knows the the current IP address of the user you were searching for.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I don't have any experience with ircddbGateway.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
g8nsz

Post by g8nsz »

Did anything ever come of this? I didn't know it could be done, so not missing anything😬. However, it would be a useful feature.

Mike - G8NSZ
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

g8nsz wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm Did anything ever come of this? I didn't know it could be done, so not missing anything😬. However, it would be a useful feature.
He abandoned this thread and created another one instead.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3547&p=18356#p18356

I still think the issue is with Quadnet themselves and their irc lookup mechanism doesn't work perfectly and there is some issue that needs to be investigated.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
g8nsz

Post by g8nsz »

👍. Found it!