SSH login-- Typing is garbled...

General support for the Pi-Star System
KK6RQ

SSH login-- Typing is garbled...

Post by KK6RQ »

Anybody seen this before? Attempting to login via Expert–>SSH login, when I try to type the username, extra characters I'm not typing keep appearing. After some backspacing/retyping, I can get the username in eventually but since you can't see the password, that's as far as I can go. This just started recently, by the way. I'm using Firefox on an Android device.

Also, logging into Pi-star via a different SSH program works just fine.
ZL3REW

Re: SSH login-- Typing is garbled...

Post by ZL3REW »

I have noticed the same thing.
On my android phone and tablet both do the same thing.
It is ok on windows computer.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yeah, it broke on Android devices ages ago with one of their updates.

Install a SSH client app instead and you'll be fine. I use 'Juice' it works fine on both my phone and tablet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
w7efs

Post by w7efs »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:32 am Yeah, it broke on Android devices ages ago with one of their updates.
Install a SSH client app instead and you'll be fine. I use 'Juice' it works fine on both my phone and tablet.
The Android app "Juice" has always worked for several years here, connecting with any ssh server, including pi-star . Good apps produce good experiences.
KK6RQ

Post by KK6RQ »

KE7FNS wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:44 pm
KK6RQ wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:56 am Also, logging into Pi-star via a different SSH program works just fine.
Sounds like whatever terminal emulation type your other program was using is incorrect. Could also be wrong character set.
Don't you mean the other program IS correct...? That's the one that's working correctly; pistar SSH is the one that seems to be hosed...

Gotta figure out how to change character sets now...

EDIT: The two most recent replies loaded *after* I first posted this reply. I *am* already using another terminal program (Termius); works great. Thanks for the info.