pi-star password changed from raspberry but i didn't do it!

General support for the Pi-Star System
K0CV

pi-star password changed from raspberry but i didn't do it!

Post by K0CV »

Tried this morning to go to Configuration Tab on pi-star.local but my regular password (raspberry like everyone else) got denied. How do I recover or install new password?
KG6RUT

Re: pi-star password changed from raspberry but i didn't do it!

Post by KG6RUT »

restore a backup, it resets the password....
K0CV

Post by K0CV »

Can't get to the Configuration Tab without the password. I will just have to re-install PiStar.
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

reflash a new one then restore, your password will get reset back to raspberry
K0CV

Post by K0CV »

I was afraid you would say that! Oh well.
G4FDL

Post by G4FDL »

If you did not change the password then the password will not have changed, it won't happen by itself. Most likely a keyboard problem, check you are using the same keyboard language that you used previously, check for CAPS lock etc. then type the password into the user name filed to check it echos correctly. Reboot the Pi. If all else fails then try the Windows onscreen keyboard.
K0CV

Post by K0CV »

G4FDL. Thought of that. Tried using my smartphone which has always worked in the past and stored the password. Didn't work. Tried my wife's laptop. Also didn't work. The reflash and reboot and restore routine worked fine. then this afternoon same thing happened. I was set up to monitor TGIF, YSF and Brandmeister networks. I saw brief hits on all three but no attempts to contact me. The mystery continues.
K0CV

Post by K0CV »

Quick followup. After reflashing and restarting, I was listening to either DMR-Branemeister, TGIF or DMR2YSF networks. I glanced at the Pistar dashboard and saw my callsign as having transmitted a few minutes before. Stunned since I had not made a transmission. Sure enough the old password didn't work. Once I have again reflashed and rebooted, I will disable DMR2YSF and change my PiStar password. Once I have the password changed, I may try DMR2YSF but not for a while, just to eliminate other possible issues.