Image Update

General support for the Pi-Star System
KH6OWL

Image Update

Post by KH6OWL »

All was working fine until someone talked me into updating the image to my Raspberry, PI-Star 3B. I talked a few times that night but have not made a connection since. I have updated the image, the firmware and checked my DMR ID is correct. My channels are correct I believe. Radio and pi 3b says TX 449.800 and RX 444.800. Dashboard says the opposite. I have tried it both ways and no effect.

I have ran the command sudo pistar-findmodem and got this.
MMDVM_HS (GPIO): /dev/ttyAMA0 (MMDVM_HS_Hat-v1.5.2 20201108 14.7456MHz
ADF7021 FW by CA6JAU GitID #89daa20FF3006733430533457205141)
Detected Nextion (USB) : /dev/ttyUSB0 (Model: NX4024K032_011R Serial: E46720850
73A1F2D Touch: Yes)

The modem has been stuck in initializing mode for 24 hours. I rebooted it this morning and then I changed the modem type in config to MMDVM_HS_Dual_Band for PI (GPIO) and it came out of the initialization mode.

I don't hear anyone and when I key my TYT 390 it doesn't do anything. So I then went back to my original modem setting of STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS RASPBERRY PI HAT (GPIO) and it goes back to modem intializing. So I swithced it back to the first one above an d it gets past the screen of initializing. But the radio when I push the PTT it does not do anything on the radio and does not show up on my display

I have also Flashed the drive with command "sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_hat"
sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_dual_hat

I am conneced to WLAN and the dashboard shows the interface is up.

Can anyone help?
KH6OWL

Re: Image Update

Post by KH6OWL »

I did flash it with the dual hat "sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_dual_hat" and I redid it but that didn't work. When I key the radio nothing shows on the screen.

I believe split frequency simplex is no longer allowed on BM which could be why you are now blocked.
I am running it as a Duplex Repeater.

For this part. Where do I chnge this at? My Nextron layout is G4KLX and I can change that to L2 or L3.
Most likely your Nextion "initialization" issue is you have a serial port speed mismatch.

Screen Layout: G4KLX
Screen Layout: ON7LDS L2
Screen Layout: ON7LDS L3

All of those use 9600 baud, so your Nextion needs to be defaulted to 9600 on power up. Where do I change this at?

Screen Layout: ON7LDS L3 HS uses 115200 baud Where do I change this at?

So you need to match the speed of the default configuration programmed into your Nextion.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3447

Or, try ON7LDS L3, and if that doesn't work, reboot and try ON7LDS L3 HS
KH6OWL

Re: Image Update

Post by KH6OWL »

My hotpsot shows in red so I believe it thinks it is turned off?
Also on the dashboard under Network Status, DMR is yellow