update in pistar does not log / work

General support for the Pi-Star System
PE1MSZ

update in pistar does not log / work

Post by PE1MSZ »

In all versions since a week or maybe longer, I have noticed like other HAM's that the screen for update shows starting update, and seems to halt in this screen. Is there any explanation for this behaviour?
Tested on pistar for raspberry pi version 4.1.2 and on nanoPi version 3.4.17 and 4.1.2
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: update in pistar does not log / work

Post by KE7FNS »

PE1MSZ wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 am In all versions since a week or maybe longer, I have noticed like other HAM's that the screen for update shows starting update, and seems to halt in this screen.
Where exactly does it halt? Please provide more information and take a screen shot of the screen in question and post it. Also try the command "pistar-update" from the SSH console. I don't believe this issue you are reporting is affecting multiple users as you stated because if it were there would be more than just your single post.

I tested updates on my systems and they updated fine.
PE1MSZ wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 am Is there any explanation for this behaviour?
Since the update requests data from internet network locations, perhaps it is an external network problem (or ISP) that is the cause.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: