Lost password

General support for the Pi-Star System
K4WZV

Lost password

Post by K4WZV »

When you enter your 16 digit password into your hotspot for the tgif network. And then upate or switch networks and come back to TGIf your password is not retained. Reported to me and duplicated by many users.
Robert
K4WZV
K4WZV

Re: Lost password

Post by K4WZV »

Yes, 100's of clients have reported this issue to me on our network.
Robert
K4WZV
K4WZV

Post by K4WZV »

OMG, are you serious. ok here its comes
Step 1. Apply power to my pi-star hotspot version 4.1.4 20210517
Step 2.After bootup in expert editer under MMDVM host under DMR network I put our 16 digit password In the password field
This is where passw0rd is the default on pi-star and legacy connections our network (tgif.network)
Step 3. I apply changes ( the hot spot connects as a secure connection on our network with our 16 digit password

I switch to a Brandmeister server and my info was retained from last connection and connect to a server no problem

I then switch back to our TGIF master server

The 16 digit password is not retained and it goes back to the default passw0rd

Pi-star should retain the entered password but it does not.
Robert
K4WZV
TGIF Admin
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

Well, I'm one of the *thousands* of Tgif users who has encountered this problem.

I'd like to hear it from *Andy*, rather than someone else making speculations of what he will or will not do.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
K4WZV

Post by K4WZV »

The TGIF network has recently implemented a 16 digit secure password on our network. Currently, in order to enter that password, a user must go into the expert editor in Pi-Star under MMDVMHOST, since there is no password entry box present in the configuration basic editor for DMR Master as there is for Brandmeister. As a result, when a user switches DMR Master networks in the basic editor, the custom 16 digit password entered for TGIF is lost and replaced with the default one (passw0rd).

Can a password entry box be added under the configuration basic editor when TGIF is selected as a DMR Master server (and for other networks, since secure passwords seem to be the direction we're headed) so that users' custom password entries are retained as they are for Brandmeister?"

Thanks for your consideration
Robert
TGIF Admin
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Haven't there been other posts to the gist that -- if one has made changes using the Expert page, one should no longer make any changes using the Basic page... The basic page does not save all custom settings but reverts them to defaults.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Has anyone representing tgif taken the time to message Andy making him aware you have made these changes requiring a 16 digit p/code?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

KE7FNS wrote:
AF6VN wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:56 am Haven't there been other posts to the gist that -- if one has made changes using the Expert page, one should no longer make any changes using the Basic page... The basic page does not save all custom settings but reverts them to defaults.
Yup.
This problem occurs when using the *expert* settings.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

So....anyway. haven't seen Andy weigh in on this one.

KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

So.... has this one been blown off just like the rest of the issues with tgif.network