Stuck on BM TG91

General support for the Pi-Star System
VA3JPX

Stuck on BM TG91

Post by VA3JPX »

Hello Folks,

Yes, I am having this issue and yes, I have been reading up on other people having the same issue on the pistar forum.

After reimaging my SD card and starting fresh, the problem still happens. (I did not restore any backsups). I also changed my BM hotpot security password and the problem still exists. However I tried something that actually worked. I changed to a different BM Master server. Problem went away.

I was using BM Master Canada, changed to UK and US1 and the problem went away. Changed back to Canada, problem returned.

Anyone else experience the same result after changing BM Masters?

I have been trying to log a ticket with BM, but its impossible. Create a ticket brings you right back to a search page.

Thanks

James
VA3JPX
VA3JPX

Re: Stuck on BM TG91

Post by VA3JPX »

Sorry, I was not clear enough.

I made sure the BM self service page has no static talk groups assigned. This was the 1st thing I made sure of.

On my API page on my hotspot, I can drop the QSO, but it will return within 20 seconds.

Again, as stated in my 1st message - if I change the master BM server to anything but "Canada" the problem goes away. For example, right now I am using BM 3102. If I change it to BM 3201 (Canada) the problem comes back. It only happens when I use BM 3201. I have tried the UK server, US server(s), and there is no issue. It's only with the 3201 Canada server. And, I cannot reach anyone at Brandmeister to report the problem.

The issue is not on my end.
VA3JPX

Post by VA3JPX »

Ok thanks, I will try this. However, I do not use a DMR Radio. The last time I keyed up on TG91 was the date you mentioned, however it was using YSF2DMR. Should I follow the same instructions as you mentioned above using YSF2DMR?

Thanks again,

James
VA3JPX

Post by VA3JPX »

Update!

As Jason advised, I connected to TG4000 and it disconnected.

Thanks Jason for your patience and explanation.

James