SSH, Dashboard access and IRC GatewayDB Remote now permanantly public?

General support for the Pi-Star System
K9DJN

SSH, Dashboard access and IRC GatewayDB Remote now permanantly public?

Post by K9DJN »

I was looking at all four of my PiStar hotspots this morning, and noticed at the bottom of each Configuration screen these access controls are now all set to Public, and cannot be changed back to Private. Since I don't have UPnP enabled, no one is getting through my firewall anyway, But I was wondering why this change can't be made....
n3cla

Re: SSH, Dashboard access and IRC GatewayDB Remote now permanantly public?

Post by n3cla »

I have the same problem on one of two hotspots and I have uPNP enabled on both.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

n3cla wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:49 pm I have the same problem on one of two hotspots and I have uPNP enabled on both.
Make sure its not a form issue (some browsers try to help by caching form data)...
I have made changes to the code for uPNP recently, mine work and I can set them public / private - although I am going to re-check just in case...

EDIT: OK I checked, yep it really works.

EDIT 2: out of interest, what version of Pi-Star are you running ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
n3cla

Post by n3cla »

MW0MWZ wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:24 am
n3cla wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:49 pm I have the same problem on one of two hotspots and I have uPNP enabled on both.
Make sure its not a form issue (some browsers try to help by caching form data)...
I have made changes to the code for uPNP recently, mine work and I can set them public / private - although I am going to re-check just in case...

EDIT: OK I checked, yep it really works.

EDIT 2: out of interest, what version of Pi-Star are you running ?
I'm running pi-star 4.1.4.
Works on a Pi Zero (was set that way by the fellow who built it for me; a PNWSpot), won't change on a Pi 3B (Bridgecom Skybridge Plus I got from a give-away).
Definitely not a browser cache problem; tried a second browser after I saw your reply just in case. I select the Private radio buttons and "apply changes," but when it refreshes after the restart they are back to Public. Even did a full power off restart to make sure I'm not going crazy.
n3cla

Post by n3cla »

I ran "update" twice (got the pistar-upnp.service error mentioned in another thread the first time) and now they are all set to Private without me having to change them.
VK5ADL

Post by VK5ADL »

This has happened to me as well since the update to 4.1.5 No matter how many times I change the Dashboard Access:, ircDDBGateway Remote: and SSH Access: they return to public after updating.

Have tried to update again, but there isnt anything to update. Might have to reimage unfortunately.
VK5ADL

Post by VK5ADL »

KE7FNS wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 pm
VK5ADL wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:01 pm Have tried to update again, but there isnt anything to update. Might have to reimage unfortunately.
Try resetting to factory defaults. Then restoring your backup configuration.
Yep, this did the trick. My post was more of a "me too" obviously something was wrong somewhere, especially when a backup taken from when the problem was occurring did not recreate it after reimaging.