Resolved: change timeout timer from 240 to 600 causes config issue, restore backup required.

General support for the Pi-Star System
g7kbr

Resolved: change timeout timer from 240 to 600 causes config issue, restore backup required.

Post by g7kbr »

Hi all

I am running a repeater with pi-star 4.1.5/dashboard is 20210621. if I want to increase the timeout timer from 240 to say 600 and apply. It crashes the config, meaning some of my settings in configuration have changed like duplex repeater, freq, mode settings and RX freq. If I try and go into expert and then go into expert and MMDVMHost I do get the details in expert mode.

Can anyone test and confirm? Is it a bug? Log file attached.

For me to get the system back up and running I have to reload a backup and all is ok. But as soon as you change the timeout figure it causes problems.

Regards

Paul
G7KBR
Attachments
MMDVM.log.zip
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by g7kbr on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: change timeout timer from 240 to 600 causes config issue, restore backup required.

Post by MW0MWZ »

Change to the timeout will not blow up the config, please check that the options line you are using is quoted, it has to be. the dashboard does this, but I have seen suggested manual edits that do not include the quote marks.... so start with that :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
g7kbr

Re: change timeout timer from 240 to 600 causes config issue, restore backup required.

Post by g7kbr »

Hi Andy

Sorted this out, it was due to a symbol being used in the location address, It was set at On Test - Bench, removing the - fixing it. Can you confirm the settings for RF local time out timer and Network TX traffic?

Regards

Paul
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Resolved: change timeout timer from 240 to 600 causes config issue, restore backup required.

Post by MW0MWZ »

You can set them to what you like, if you have a few modes enabled, I tend to suggest longer timers, to save on frustration of loosing the box mid conversation when another mode picks up.....

I also suggest longer timers for RF than network, so 120 secs for RF, maybe 90 secs for network... experiment and see what works the best.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk