Repeater on D-Star and YSF

General support for the Pi-Star System
2E0UCW

Repeater on D-Star and YSF

Post by 2E0UCW »

We setup a new dual mode repeater on the weekend.

We would like it not to default to a Reflector or Room - On YSF it's default is NONE however there seems to be no NONE option for D-Star so currently we have it linked to a very inactive Reflector.

This helps to reduce data usage (the site has limited data available and also supports a DMR MMDVM repeater) as well as on-going receiving of transmissions blocking users from accessing the repeater on the alternative mode.

If someone selects a Reflector or Room, is there a setting somewhere to set it back to default?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Repeater on D-Star and YSF

Post by M1DNS »

Theres a couple check boxes next to the reflector selector dropdown.
From memory, AUTO & MANUAL
Thats auto connect to ur choosen reflector so check MANUAL. that way the install shouldn't connect on startup.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
2E0UCW

Post by 2E0UCW »

I've done that however we would like an active D-Star reflector to unlink after a period of no local RF activity - is this possible?

On the YSF side, I have set the "InactivityTimeout" under the "Network" setting - hope this is the correct place for this setting.

However, I'm unable to find a simialr setting for the D-Star side.

D-Star users are not unlinking causing a 400% spike in data usage on a site feeding a MMDVM DMR repeater as well and 1GB allowance pm.
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

I just took a stroll through various configuration files but did not see anything that would disconnect a reflector after a period of RF inactivity.

I can try to poke around and see such functionality could be hacked on.
2E0UCW

Post by 2E0UCW »

All sorted now - thanks
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

KE7FNS wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:55 am
NQ4T wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:47 pm I just took a stroll through various configuration files but did not see anything that would disconnect a reflector after a period of RF inactivity.
Reconnect does. If you don't specify a default reflector it will just disconnect. The values are really odd and not in standard minutes. See his other thread for more info.
Ahhhh. I should have looked at the ircddb config rather than skipping it because I thought it was literally just for callsign routing and ircddb stuff.