Connected to WiFi but can't access Pi-Star dashboard.... after about an hour??

General support for the Pi-Star System
K4ED

Connected to WiFi but can't access Pi-Star dashboard.... after about an hour??

Post by K4ED »

Simular to viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3741, but with this twist:

When I hard reboot my hot spot, but unplugging it, plugging it, and letting it reboot, all seems well, for about an hour or so.

Then, I can't access the hotspots IP, I can't SSH to it, and the dashboard no longer is connected.

A ping begins to return: ping: sendto: Host is down

I could try rebooting again, and do a controlled power off cycle ... but open to any ideas or suggestions!!!

BTW, even after the other computers on the net can't connect anymore, the hot spot works just fine!!!!
K4ED

Re: Connected to WiFi but can't access Pi-Star dashboard.... after about an hour??

Post by K4ED »

A further note .. while other computers on the net do not see the hotspot host .. the router itself shows it as connected .. at the same IP address as it had during the initial 60 minutes or so when it can be seen by other devices on the network ... It's been like, forever (months) since a rebooted my router .. let's see what that does ...
K4ED

Re: Connected to WiFi but can't access Pi-Star dashboard.... after about an hour??

Post by K4ED »

A full reboot of the router last night and all seems well this morning..

Perhaps, somehow, the router's internal routing table was corrupt.

PS this router does not have the ability to load new firmware .. or if it does, the manual doesn't cover how to do it.
K4ED

Post by K4ED »

>>I've never seen a router that you couldn't update the firmware on,

I have a TECHNICOLOR CGM4331COM as supplied by my cable provider, Comcast. According to Comcast:

Comcast will automatically keep the firmware updated for you. As an end-user you can not do it manually and you don't need to.