Should the Trx box be blank?

General support for the Pi-Star System
HB9FUH

Should the Trx box be blank?

Post by HB9FUH »

I'm having on-going issues with my Pi-Star and STM32-DVM hat. It's never connected reliably with my Baofeng RD-5R radio, but now it won't connect at all. I've checked that the Brandmeister password is correct. The Trx line on the dashboard is blank, should it be Listening? If so what can I do to change it?

TIA
HB9FUH

Re: Should the Trx box be blank?

Post by HB9FUH »

Here is my DMR configuration:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 11.56.34.png
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 11.56.34.png (151.89 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
WG4USA

Post by WG4USA »

shouldn't the TX & RX frequencies be the same?

Mine are, and it works
HB9FUH

Post by HB9FUH »

No, it's a dual hat and is a duplex setup.
HB9FUH

Post by HB9FUH »

That's the one that the (somewhat sparse) documentation said I had, and I have been able to connect with that setting before.
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

HB9FUH wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:31 am No, it's a dual hat and is a duplex setup.
Hi HB9FUH,

As far as the troubleshooting process may force a really lo g messages' chain, let me now only point a few details:

MMDVM modem type looks to be OK...
A photo of MMDVM may be usefull to guess if other value could be more reasonable.

As per your initial comment , it has NEVER worked 100%, so...
I guess you need to go throug MMDVMCAL to set the proper OFSETT values (usually the same for TX and RX 'cause both are dependant on TCXO quality/properties)

Having said that, to go on more steps, please directly contact me...
As I said, this can become a too long msgs chain.

Regards,
Rafa.
EA3BIL.
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an
HB9FUH

Post by HB9FUH »

Thanks Rafa, Do you mea a picture of the physical unit?

Even if the offset needs setting, surely the dashboard would indicate that the hat is listening?
HB9FUH

Post by HB9FUH »

KE7FNS wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm
HB9FUH wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:31 am No, it's a dual hat and is a duplex setup.
If that is the case then you should select the proper MMDVM_HS_Dual selection, not the one you currently have.
I've tried them all, and none work
Read the logs and see if it is reporting an error.
No errors that I can see
Verify the LED's blink 3 times on power up, and the SRV LED blinks slowly at first and then blinks faster onces MMDVMHost establishes communications.
Yes, that is the startup sequence that I see
Try only using MMDVMHost and one network, then once you confirm things are functioning, then configure DMRGateway for multiple networks.
Done that, still no change
HB9FUH

Post by HB9FUH »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:35 pm
HB9FUH wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:40 am That's the one that the (somewhat sparse) documentation said I had, and I have been able to connect with that setting before.
I've seen many pages of documentation that are incorrect mostly from the chinese cloners, its as if they don't even understand how to use their own product.
Fair point, but this one came from a German supplier (JSTVRO https://jstvro.org/jstvro-dual-hotspot-2020/) and as I say, when it was working before it was with this modem selected

If you don't respond to the questions I had asked previously, theres not much anyone can do to help you.
Sorry if you thought I was being short or uncooperative, it was a busy weekend and we are in different time zones :)
HB9FUH

Post by HB9FUH »

OK, update. On a whim I re-enabled YSF and it now shows Listening in the Trx box, plus it responds to my Yaesu radio. Still no response on DMR with my Baofeng RD-5R though. I tried disabling and re-enabling DMR, but no change. What is odd is that with the same HT I can connect to DMR via the local repeater, so the radio itself functions.