Update Failure

General support for the Pi-Star System
Ae4g

Update Failure

Post by Ae4g »

Just attempted a pistar-update…

Got lots of GitHub errors and failure messages. Eventually it worked through all the errors.

Upon a reboot, my hotspot is back to the default configuration. Not the end of the world - I have my configuration saved. But, has anyone else experienced this?
Ae4g

Re: Update Failure

Post by Ae4g »

No, I didn’t cancel anything. I let it run its course (which took a long time). Then I rebooted using the Pistar web interface.

Wish I had captured the command line output, but I had no reason to think I would need it at the time. I thought a failed update would just leave me at my current version and do no harm.
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

Upon thorough investigation, only part of the config seems to be lost.

For example, my frequencies and such are still there, but the call sign at the top of the dashboard is the default M1ABC.

As I said, no big deal. I have a backup.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:41 am
Ae4g wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:31 am Upon thorough investigation, only part of the config seems to be lost.

For example, my frequencies and such are still there, but the call sign at the top of the dashboard is the default M1ABC.
Ah ok, thats a bug that happens at some point in time, Andy hasn't been able to figure what causes it, but a number of people have complained about it.

Maybe it is all related and maybe it will help find the cause of whatever resets the callsign to the default.
Its probably not a bug, that happens when there is some local change in the dashboard files, and I push an update to the same file - that will cause the dashboard to get over-written with a fresh copy, and you see the "M1ABC". I should really change the way the dashboard learns the callsign - and then you wont see that happen any more... its been on the to-do list for long enough.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk