Pi-Star not seeing any Transmissions local RF activity any more!

General support for the Pi-Star System
MW6WHL

Pi-Star not seeing any Transmissions local RF activity any more!

Post by MW6WHL »

Hey All - appear to be having trouble getting my ZumSpot Rpi MMDVM to detect local RF activity in Pi-Star.

I upgraded Pi_Star to 4.1.6, am able to connect to reflectors, and the modem device responds to shutdown requests, modem changes etc. I should mention that I also requested a call sign change a few hours ago with ICOM to reflect my full call sign which I gained over 12 months ago and I have updated the correct settings in my IC9700 to reflect my new call sign.

The original error message I received was something along the lines of 'the modem settings have changed please update'. I checked, and have what I think is the correct modem selected - ZUMSPOT single band Rpi Hat (GPIO).

I can hear activity on any reflector I connect to, and can hear the correct 'connected to' and 'not linked' voiceover when I link/Unlink, and can also see that I have connected to a reflector in the Gateway activity window etc, but when I press Tx there is nothing seen in the Local RF Activity.

Everything was working fine earlier this morning with my previous call sign. Could anyone point me in the right direction please as to what I have missed. Many thanks.
MW6WHL

Re: Pi-Star not seeing any Transmissions local RF activity any more!

Post by MW6WHL »

Yep, that's what it was KE7FNS! Stoooopid me changed the call sign in the 9700 gateway entry, but the 'MY' callsign box was what I thought a text only box as it contains additional info such as rig/location or whatever you want really - hence thinking that was just a text box. Alas not! As soon as I updated the first 6 characters in that box all was once again good int he world :)