Recent updates, changes active yet or?

General support for the Pi-Star System
G8SEZ

Recent updates, changes active yet or?

Post by G8SEZ »

I see there have been a couple of bursts of what look like far-reaching changes in the last week or two, mainly in dashboard and sbin files.

Anyone have a precis of their intent or is this work in progress with any announcement awaiting further changes to complete the set?
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Recent updates, changes active yet or?

Post by MW0MWZ »

There is a fair bit going on, some of that relates to clean up and prep for 4.2.x (bullseye), mostly while the changes look like they are large (because quite a few files are touched) actually nothing much changed.

For example, all the service handlers now error silently (returning success rather than fail) causing systemd to not bleat about it, that in turn means the services dont then choke on boot and we dont get questions about "why is xxx broken" when it's not actually broken its not starting on purpose etc...

4.1.6 brought in the DGIDgateway for YSF, that sits between MMDVMHost and YSFGateway, its available to be experimented with, but is not currently configured (other than with some sane basics like callsign etc) by the dashboard.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Thanks for that Andy, I was mostly referring to the DGID thing as so many requests appear for it, but I was trying to be discreet in the way I posed the question.

I'm sure it will all appear in good time.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

The way that it works, is that it sits between MMDVMHost and YSFGateway, with YSFGateway on DG-ID 0.
And then you can put other stuff on the other DG-IDs, however, the "other stuff" is not drivable form the radio (other than choosing the DG-ID to use).
I'm sure we'll get it integrated automatically soon.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk