Couple small questions

General support for the Pi-Star System
KX3DEX

Couple small questions

Post by KX3DEX »

Hello All,

I've been loving my pistar but I'm looking to do something with it. One of the first thing I'd like to know is if I can have the pi-star auto go into rw mode. The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if it'll be needed. I'm looking to install the pi gui on top of the pi-star image as I'd like to run the hamclock on top of the pistar. I plan on building a nice wood frame with a computer monitor. I have all that laid out ready to go. However I'm looking to put the gui on top. I know there is the non-supported install script that is out there but when I did it I was unable to get xrandr to work to scale the output. I'm still tinkering to see if there is something else I can do but wanted to just find out about the always read write mode and if there is possibly a supported gui setup.

Thank you!
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Couple small questions

Post by M1DNS »

It can be done. It depends on ur current knowledge or willingness to learn but it will not be a 2minute endeavour.

It might be easier to keep pistar running on something like a pi3A+ or pi zero w2 and use another Pi with a full raspbian install for the additional softwares, gui setup etc.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KX3DEX

Re: Couple small questions

Post by KX3DEX »

Figured it out, I have both running and it runs rather smooth. I dont think the auto rw mode matters so it'll be alright.