Only can link YSF reflector that port is 42000

General support for the Pi-Star System
BX3ACB

Only can link YSF reflector that port is 42000

Post by BX3ACB »

Dear Sir

i had build ysf reflector (g4klx ysfclient)two years ago and it works well .recently i build another ysf reflector with same method but get fail
on pi-star, YSF net always show not link .even ping success from YSFReflector Registry or work well with another application like droidstar app .

after do some test (change to xlxd,change isp ,change server ..etc) .i fond the problem is on default udp port , pistar ysfgateway can not use port info that list in YSFHosts.txt ,it only use default 42000 !! ,when i change reflector from 49001 (for example ) back to 42000, then pi-star link YSF well

this problem will affect install multiple reflector on same server .i had try Pi-Star_RPi_V4.1.5 and older version 3.4.17 and get the same result
as i remember 3.4.17 no this problem before .but now have problem is it cause the update ? both are updated (20211111)
thanks a lot
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Only can link YSF reflector that port is 42000

Post by M1DNS »

Our own ysf reflector build runs with a non default port no. without issue.

If the reflector is registered with https://register.ysfreflector.de
to get that add. in the hosts files it should be available.

Or are you running the reflector software on a pi running the pistar image? If so then no, that wont work out.

One another issue you might have is modern routers dont seem to have the ability to link inbound and outbound. We found this recently setting up a new reflector for a friend. The solution was to mod. the host file in pistar for his own personal hotspit to connect to the local ip of the pi running the reflector software for him to connect to his own reflector instead of trying go out and return back into his router on a default setup. Which appeared something he couldnt do in his router.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.