updaate 3.4.17

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
W9KJO

updaate 3.4.17

Post by W9KJO »

tried to update my pi star jumbo spot. I wont accept the hat /i am selecting.

STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO)

tis the one I have always selected.

waisted much time. very frustrating when updates just dont work or are changed in ways that are a mystery and are not published where I can find them.

back to old version. More time.

73,thanks for trying. I'll bet there is some good stuff in the new version. It just wont work.

W9KJO
W9KJO

Re: updaate 3.4.17

Post by W9KJO »

Well Now these devices are just dead. I saved the previous version but apparent it is corrupt. It wont work now.

I used to be when I typed in my freq the freq box would turn green. Not anymore. I can receive but cannot transmit.

where can I download a previous goo version of pistar.

the new version wont load my hat modem and the old version is now receive only. 6 hours multiple images no success.

73 W9KJO
W9KJO

Post by W9KJO »

LOL

I helps if one changes the right setting when adjusting rxoffset and tx offset.

old version is back to working.

However still don't know why the freq no longer turns green as it once did. Just white now.

G4FDL

Post by G4FDL »

However still don't know why the freq no longer turns green as it once did. Just white now.
Try a different browser, green freq shows in Firefox but not in IE for me.
Last edited by G4FDL on Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

W9KJO wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm However still don't know why the freq no longer turns green as it once did. Just white now.
The color-coded frequencies were introduced with Pi-Star Dashboard v20181217. It's possible that when you reverted to 3.4.16, you also reverted to an older version of the dashboard.

FYI, the dashboard gets updated separately from the less frequent Pi-Star Upgrades, which make operating system-level changes to the system services and packages required to support new features (a Upgrade looks like 3.4.15, 3.4.16, etc.). In order to successfully upgrade, you first need to update so you're on the latest Dashboard Update version (currently, 20190324). You might also need to update your modem board's firmware.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm